Nacho ordinary health boost! The crunchy goodness you’ve been looking for.
Get ready to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary with a twist on a classic favorite – healthy nachos! Who says you can't enjoy the crunchy, cheesy, and flavorful goodness of nachos while keeping it nutritious? Get ready to load up those chips with vibrant veggies, lean proteins, and tasty toppings, because these healthy nachos are about to become your new go-to snack or meal.
- 1 lbs. of lean chicken breast
- 2/3 cup of salsa (homemade recipe here)
- 2 tbsp jalapeno peppers
- ¼ cup diced cilantro
- 4 oz low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 diced tomato
- ¼ cup of low-fat sour cream
- 1 bag of lightly salted tortilla chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Get an oven-safe glass dish, lightly grease it, and put your chicken breast in, then put that in the oven for 25 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, prep the rest of the dish
- Get a cutting board and start slicing up your tomato and avocado
- Get a large baking sheet and put down wax paper for easy clean up
- Spread out your chips evenly on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top of your chips and put them in the oven for 5 minutes, then take out
- Once your chicken is done cooking, take two forks and shred it, and then put it on top of your chips, spread another layer of cheese on top, and cook for 5 more minutes in the oven
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top!
Looking for a healthy alternative to tortilla chips?
Pro tip: Lettuce wraps or bell peppers are a great alternative to tortillas or corn chips.