Transform your snack time with our Homemade Pickle Chips Recipe, a delightful twist on a beloved classic.
These pickle chips are not only easy to make but also bring a burst of tangy and herby flavors. Made with crisp cucumbers, a hint of sweet onion, and infused with the aromatic sharpness of apple cider vinegar and fresh dill, these pickle chips are a perfect addition to any meal or as a standalone snack. Follow our simple steps to create a jar of crunchy, flavorful pickle chips that you can enjoy anytime.
- 1-2 large cucumbers
- ¼ cup of sweet onion
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp. of sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 3 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 punch of red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- Slice cucumber into chips, about 1/8 inch
- In a small pot, combine water, vinegar, garlic, dill, sugar, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes and bring to a simmer
- Let the mixture cool, and place the slices in a mason jar, and leave an inch of space at the top
- Pour the liquid mixture on top, until all the cucumbers are submerged
- Put the lid on the jar and put in fridge for 24 hours before eating
These garden-fresh pickle chips, made straight from the bounty of your garden, are more than just a snack—they're a testament to the joy of homemade goodness. Remember, good things come to those who wait—especially when it involves pickles!