Natural Alternative® Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA) Ice Melt provides a breakthrough in snow and ice management with chloride-free, low-corrosive and environmentally-friendly properties, melting ice and snow to 15°F.
- CMA is chloride-free and less corrosive than tap water.
- CMA is safe to use on properly installed concrete 30 days after installation.
- CMA exceeds LEED guidelines, making it the safest ice melt for high-value structures.
- CMA won't harm plants, pavement or lawns when used as directed.
Where Is CMA Ice Melt Manufactured?
Natural Alternative® CMA Ice Melt is produced exclusively in the United States—never offshore.
How does CMA Ice Melt work?
CMA doesn't create a brine like traditional chlorides such as rock salt. The calcium magnesium acetate creates an oatmeal-like consistency, making snow lighter, drier and easier to remove. Calcium Magnesium Acetate is also more effective, melting ice quickly and keeping it from re-forming.
How IS CMA Ice Melt Applied?
Apply CMA Ice Melt before or at the beginning of a storm to prevent snow/ice bonding, and lighten applications as the storm continues.
- For commercial use, apply 5 - 15 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- For highways, apply 300 - 400 lbs. per lane mile.
- Homeowners should apply 6 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
For the latest seasonal tips and DIY know-how, sign up for our e-newsletter, The Monthly Dirt, follow our social channels or give us a call.