Indulge in the zesty sweetness with this luscious Lemon Cream Pie recipe from Natural Alternative!
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt, and water.
- Over medium heat, stir the mixture until it thickens.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks. Gradually whisk in half of the sugar mixture.
- Return the egg mixture to the saucepan and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, lemon juice, and zest.
- Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, top with a generous layer of whipped cream.
- Indulge in this citrusy delight and savor every lemony moment!