If you’re looking for a great pumpkin dessert recipe, look no further! Our Director of Operations, John Steiner, has an amazing recipe for pumpkin bars which we FINALLY convinced him to share with us. These are some of the best pumpkin bars we’ve ever tried, but be warned: you won’t be able to eat just one!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup butter/margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of 15" x 10" x 1" pan with shortening.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, oil and pumpkin together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves.
- Spread the pumpkin bar mixture into your greased pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown (see picture).
- Cool completely in pan on cooling rack (about 2 hours).
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread frosting over bars.
- Cut into squares and store in refrigerator until ready to enjoy!