Get Started Bundle
This powerhouse bundle from Natural Alternative® includes 5-5-5 All-Purpose Plant Food and Protilizer® Seed & Plant Activator. Perfect for starting a garden, these products work together to efficiently provide your plants with the nutrients needed to flourish. Protilizer® is a 100% organic plant supplement containing beneficial microbes for stronger plant roots and holistic health. Natural Alternative® All-Purpose Plant Food provides balanced plant feeding for visibly bigger blooms and crops.
Together, these products assist in all aspect of plant and seed development. Stronger roots courtesy of Protilizer® allow plants to more efficiently absorb water and the nutrients from our plant food, optimizing feeding and minimizing waste. Protilizer® also protects against both transplant shock and plant disease while plant food provides the nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium needed for healthy seedlings, bulbs, herbs, flowers and vegetables.
Protilizer Seed & Plant Activator
- One scoop of Protilizer® Seed & Plant Activator makes one gallon of finished product. Simply open the packet and pour into a one gallon watering can. Fill with water.
- For New Plants and Transplants: Dip the root ball of the transplant into the solution; place in soil; fill hole with Protilizer® solution; backfill with soil.
- For Seeds: Place seeds in starter cells; cover with soil to the recommended depth for the seed type; gently pour Protilizer® solution from a water can. Keep moist and apply weekly. Apply every two weeks for 2 to 3 applications then move to once a month.
- For Maintenance of Established Plants: Apply once a month. If plants are stressed due to transplant, repotting or environmental issues, apply every two weeks for 2 applications, once a month there after.
- For Dry Applications: Protilizer® can be dry mixed in the soil or potting soil. The standard rate is 1 lb of Protilizer per cubic yard of soil. The most important issue is to ensure the Protilizer® is evenly distributed throughout the soil.
5-5-5 Organic All-Purpose Plant Food
- New Tree/Shrub Planting: Mix Natural Alternative 5-5-5 with humus into hole by mixing with humus prior to planting. Use 1/4 cup per foot of shrub or tree height. Water the product into the ground.
- Established Trees/Shrubs: Apply 1/4 cup per foot of shrub height in spring and fall to the soil or mulch under the tree/shrub. Work in lightly with rake or hand cultivator.
- New Beds: Mix 6.5 lbs. per 64 sq. ft. (8' x 8' plot) and incorporate rake into the top 4 – 5" of soil.
- Established Beds: Apply 2.5 lbs. per 64 sq. ft. (8' x 8' plot). Sprinkle product lightly at the base of the plants. Fertilize before mulch is applied. Apply in spring and fall. Remember, too little is better than too much!
- Potted and Container Plants: Use 1 tablespoon per 6" of pot diameter every 4 – 6 weeks.